Governor, Minot leaders to speak at GNDC policy summit
BISMARCK – Gov. Doug Burgum, along with other North Dakota and Minot leaders, will be among panel participants during the Greater North Dakota Chamber’s annual Policy Summit, which will be held virtually Aug. 25-27.
The schedule of panels is as follows:
– Aug. 25, 10 a.m., “Reigniting Our Economy,” moderated by Matt Gardner, director of Government Affairs for GNDC, with panelists Agricultural Commissioner Doug Goehring, Department of Commerce Commissioner Michelle Kommer, economist David Flynn of the University of North Dakota, and Brenda Foster, president of First Western Bank in Minot.
– Aug. 25, 2 p.m., “ND’s Hospitality Industry: Navigating Forward,” moderated by Rudie Martinson, executive director for the N.D. Hospitality Association, with panelists Rep. Mike Lefor, owner of Blue 42 Sports Grille and Bar, Dickinson; Shannon McQuade-Ely, president of McQuade Distributing, Bismarck; Dusty Jensen, chief operating officer for Apple Core Enterprises, Fargo; and Lisa Hixson-Moltzen, Regency Hotel Management, Bismarck.
– Aug. 26, 10 a.m., “Occupational Licensure: Refinement or Reform,” moderated by John MacMartin, president of the Minot Area Chamber of Commerce, with panelists Sen. Randy Burckhard of Minot; Katie Ralston, director of the North Dakota Department Commerce’s Workforce Development; Mike Krumwiede, chief operating officer for The Staiger Consulting Group, Bismarck; and Mark Hardy, executive director of the N.D. Board of Pharmacy.
– Aug. 26, 2 p.m., “The Road Ahead for ND Energy,” moderated by Lt. Gov. Brent Sanford with panelists Kathleen Neset, owner of Neset Consulting in Tioga and chair for the N.D. Petroleum Council; Justin Kringstad, director of the N.D. Pipeline Authority; Jason Bohrer, president of the Lignite Energy Council; and Stacey Dahl, senior manager of External Affairs with Minnkota Power Cooperative.
– Aug. 27, 2 p.m., “Crisis Leadership,” moderated by Gov. Doug Burgum with panelists Major General Alan Dohrmann, adjutant general, N.D. National Guard; David Goodin, president of MDU Resources Group; Monsignor James P. Shea, president, University of Mary; and Jill Berg, president of Spherion Staffing in Bismarck.
To register for the event or for additional information on the speakers, visit ndchamber.com.