4 additional COVID-19 deaths reported in ND
BISMARCK (AP) — Four more people have died from COVID-19 in North Dakota, bringing the total number of deaths to 49, state health officials said Wednesday.
The victims were in their 60s, 70s and 80s and all four were from Cass County and had underlying health conditions.
The Department of Health said another 102 people have tested positive for the coronavirus since Tuesday, bring the total number of cases to 2,095.
Gov. Doug Burgum said the positive tests included a total of 89 new cases at three long-term care facilities in Morton and Traill counties.
Cass County, which remains the epicenter of the state’s coronavirus outbreak, has 49 additional cases. Health officials say 57, 105 people so far have tested negative for the virus.
Thirty-eight people are currently hospitalized with the virus, an increase of 8 cases since Tuesday.