DOT invests in ND airports
WASHINGTON–Area airports will share in more than $21.4 million in airport improvement grants, according to press releases from Sens. John Hoeven and Kevin Cramer, both R-ND.
Among recipients are:
– Watford City Municipal Airport, $3.2 million to acquire 60 acres of land and reconstruct and realign existing runway.
– Mohall Municipal Airport, $824,000 to acquire land and extend multiple runways.
– Stanley Municipal Airport, $165,151 to conduct runway end surveys.
The Department of Transportation also awarded grants to:
– North Dakota Department of Emergency Services, $515,693 Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness Grant.
– North Dakota State University, $402,534 through the DOT’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration to host a Commercial Motor Vehicle Safety Center and Summit.
-North Dakota Public Service Commission, two One-Call grants of $43,500 and $8,700, awarded by the DOT Pipeline and Hazardous Materials Administration. One Call grants are used to support initiatives to further promote efforts specifically for damage prevention including compliance monitoring and enforcement, development of one-call center equipment and memberships and communication and training programs.