Crew of Titanic was also distracted, used poor judgment
This April is the 111th anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic. That tragedy did not just happen by chance.
Arrogant people who boasted that the ship was invincible played a major role. The “best engineers” during those times determined that even if the “unsinkable” ship were to start sinking it would take two or three days before the vessel would fully submerge, thus offering plenty of time to rescue everyone on board.
Well, it did sink, and it only took two or three hours, not days. More than 1,500 passengers died.
The crew of the Titanic was getting repeated warnings of icebergs ahead. But they were either “asleep” at the wheel or distracted by other events. Maybe they were arresting the ship’s bartender for watering down drinks. Regardless of the reason, they confidently forged ahead at a rapid speed.
Like those mariners over one hundred years ago, the United States today is refusing to listen to danger warnings, especially from those who have been saying for most of President Joe Biden’s tenure that the country is heading in the wrong direction.
Today only about 20% feel we are going in the right direction. Yet, we too speed forward, tone deaf or distracted by other events, oblivious to the dangers/icebergs ahead.
Imagine, not adequately protecting the U.S. from its foes is not a reason for impeachment, if it does not rise to the level of treason. Incompetence, after multiple judgment errors, is also not a reason for impeachment, unless fraud or perjury is involved. Only Congress can uncover such instances of fraud or perjury via hearings featuring members of Biden’s administration with adroit inquisitors, along with an interested media.
One would be hard pressed to find a more perilous time for the United States with regard to its foreign adversaries, with the exception of World War II.
On the domestic front, we are witnessing a near 40-year high of inflation, not to mention our supply chain troubles, near $5 a gallon gas, depletion of our Strategic Oil Reserves to 1983 levels, recent bank failures, drug related crime at high rates, more than 100,000 Fentanyl deaths, over 1.1 million COVID deaths (the vast majority were after January 2021), and millions of illegals crossing over our Mexican border – including Chinese nationalists. All this sits on top of a national debt over $31 trillion.
Still, our international concerns eclipse the domestic troubles.
Part of the blame must go to the liberal media, which at times acts like an appendage to the Democrat Party, including the “softball” questions it throws to Biden.
Prior to the 2020 election, the media allowed Biden to avoid a debate on foreign affairs, something never done before in modern history.
Let’s not forget Biden’s past record as depicted prior to the election by former CIA Director and Defense Secretary Bob Gates. He said “Biden has been wrong on top foreign policy issues for decades.” The media did not properly vet Biden’s record here.
The liberal media continues to fail to investigate and deliver the facts to the American people. Doing so is of vital importance to the survival of our nation.
We have substantial evidence of trouble ahead. Here is a nine-point list:
1. China and Russia have formed an unprecedented bond against us. They are also inviting other countries to join them.
2. The Biden administration’s prediction that the threat of sanctions – the 21st-century’s weapon of choice – would persuade Russia not to invade Ukraine, was a failed strategy. It has cost thousands of lives and over $100 billion in U.S. military support.
3. Energy crisis? Saudi Arabia is working more with our foes. OPEC+ has announced it will decrease oil production immediately, which will raise our gasoline prices in the near future. Biden’s fist bump did not work.
4. China’s spy balloon that was allowed to cross the entire nation had gathered military intelligence that could be harmful to America. There was no apology for the “error” and no repercussions for China.
5. Russia shot down a U.S. drone in international air space. There was no apology for this and we have done nothing about it.
6. Russia wrongly arrested a law abiding U.S. citizen. All that we have done is express our anger and demand his release.
7. A Mexican drug cartel kidnapped and killed Americans. The Mexican president brazenly claims Mexico is safer than the U.S. And so a “friendly” nation mocks us. And we do nothing about it.
8. We must not forget the Afghanistan debacle that literally ran us out of that country and uselessly killed 13 U.S. soldiers. Will the place return as a haven for terrorists? We left plenty of U.S. military equipment behind. Did we leave any Americans or allies behind as well?
9. Sworn enemies like North Korea and Iraq are feverishly trying to develop nuclear weapons. This is not good.
Fear and respect levels toward America are not where they used to be.
As stated in the oath of office we only expect a president to perform to the best of his abilities. Failure or making mistakes are not impeachable offenses.
But is this the best we can expect from Biden?
Bad judgment and not heeding warnings can lead to bad events like what occurred on April 15, 1912 – the sinking of the Titanic.