No serious injuries following ammonia leak at potato plant
GRAND FORKS (AP) — An ammonia leak at a Grand Forks potato processing plant Saturday morning was confined to a room with a ventilation system and no employees were seriously injured, authorities said.
Emergency workers in hazmat suits entered the Simplot plant and were able to control and stop the leak at 11:30 a.m., the Grand Forks fire department said.
One employee was evaluated by paramedics at the scene and released. No other injuries were reported.
Fire officials said employees had evacuated the building before first responders arrived.