ND students receive Health Profession Scholarships
FARGO — The following students have each received a $2,500 Health Profession Scholarship for the 2023-2024 school year from Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Dakota (BCBSND) Foundation:
– Callie Oppen, Rugby, nursing at Bismarck State College
– Elizabeth Widmer, New Rockford, nursing at Dickinson State University.
– Erin Morin, Bottineau, nursing at University of North Dakota.
– Faith Hauck, Minot, biology at Minot State University.
– Jakenda Short, Carrington, physical therapy at University of Mary.
– Joslyn Nordmark, Rolla, occupational therapy at University of North Dakota.
This is the sixth year the BCBSND Caring Foundation has provided the scholarship opportunity which aims to help address the healthcare workforce shortage and provide financial assistance to aspiring students who are pursuing a health profession to strengthen the workforce.