Ward County identifies storm shelters
Ward County Emergency Management has released its list of storm shelters.
At this time, the county has not opened any shelters. Under the sheltering plan, shelters will open if the National Weather Service issues a tornado watch or more serious alert. The City of Minot and the City of Kenmare shelters are the only shelters that open for tornado watches. All others open during tornado warnings.
Tornado and severe weather shelters are:
– Berthold, Lewis & Clark High School, 401 4th Ave. NE.
– Burlington, Burlington Elementary School, 301 Wallace St.
– Carpio, Carpio Lutheran Church, 200 2nd St. W.
– Donnybrook, Community Center/City Hall (old school), 321 1st Ave. SE.
– Des Lacs, Des Lacs-Burlington High School, 317 Roosevelt St.
– Douglas and Ryder, Calvary Presbyterian Church, 641 Fredeen St. in Ryder.
– Kenmare, Kenmare High School, 300 7th Ave. NE.
– Makoti, former school, 240 3rd Ave. E.
– Minot, Municipal Court in Minot Municipal Auditorium, 420 3rd Ave. SW.
– Sawyer, Sawyer School, 25 1st Ave. SW.
– Surrey, Surrey High School, 200 2nd St. SE.