Ward County 4-H members compete in Ramsey County Postal Air Rifle Match
Ward County had eight 4-H air rifle competitors participate in the Northeast Air Rifle Match hosted by Ramsey County 4-H.
Shooters filled their targets at their own range under the guidance of a certified air rifle instructor just prior to Feb. 20. The targets were then mailed to the Ramsey County Extension Office located in Devils Lake for ranking.
Match categories are split up by age to include Beginner (ages eight to 10), Junior (11 to 13), and Senior (14 to 18). Beginners shoot from a sitting position off a bench rest. Juniors and Seniors compete shooting from standing, kneeling, and prone positions. Sporter air rifles, shooting .177 Caliber pellets at a velocity of 600fps or less and AR 5/10 International 10-meter air rifle targets are the equipment used.
Competing in the Junior division were:
• Kiley Whillock, Kenmare, 3rd Place with a score of 379
• Layne Korgel, Minot, 4th Place, 377
• Olivia Jansen, Minot, 6th Place, 321
• Also competing were Landen Jansen, Alyssa Korgel, and Zachary Korgel, all Minot
• Junior team of Whillock, L. Korgel, O. Jansen, and A. Korgel placed second
Competing in the Beginner division were:
• Evelyn Wald, Norwich, 3rd Place, score of 524
• Also competing were Jase Schilla, Makoti, and Owen Wald, Norwich
Coach Nathan Sutton helped the youth submit their scores