Trinity Health announces stricter limits on visitation at Trinity Hospital-St. Joseph’s
Trinity Health has announced it will implement stricter limits on visitation at Trinity Hospital – St. Joseph’s, similar to restrictions put in place at Trinity Hospital last month.
Effective Dec. 7, no visitors will be permitted at Trinity Hospital – St. Joseph’s except in the following circumstances:
– Pediatric patients – limit two parents or legal guardians
– Same Day Surgery – limit one visitor, who must remain in patient cubicle during surgery
– Outpatient procedures – limit one visitor, who must stay in patient room during procedure
– Addiction Services and Inpatient Mental Health Unit – Adult family members designated as integral to patients’ programming will be allowed as directed by behavioral health team
– Kidney Dialysis Unit – limit one visitor per patient
– End-of-life – limit three visitors. Pre-approval required for visits by minor children
No one will be allowed to visit a patient who has tested positive for COVID-19, with the following exceptions:
– COVID-positive pediatric patients – limit one parent or legal guardian, who must remain in patient’s room
– COVID-positive end-of-life – pre-approval required for all visits
Patients requiring a home caregiver will be allowed one visitor at the time of discharge for care training. No visitor under age 18 will be permitted.
Visitors will be asked screening questions when checking into a care unit, and must obtain a visitor badge. Anyone with symptoms or who is COVID-positive will be barred from visiting. A mask or face covering is required throughout a person’s visit.
The cafeteria at Trinity Hospital – St. Joseph’s will remain open for service, with social distancing required. All lobbies and waiting rooms will be closed to visitors.