27 ND Guardsmen assisting in ND COVID-19 response
Members of 54 National Guards – 50 states, three territories and Washington, D.C. – are assisting in the COVID-19 response.
In North Dakota, currently 27 Guardsmen are serving in supporting roles, according to Maj. Amber Schatz, public information officer for the North Dakota National Guard.
“We haven’t activated an entire unit, as the missions we are supporting are very specific where we can provide assistance with a few Guardsmen,” Schatz said in information to The Minot Daily News.
The roles N.D. National Guard members are supporting are as follows, according to Schatz:
– Liaison officers in the State Emergency Operations Center.
– Civil Support Team providing health screening for the State Emergency Operations Center.
– Planners to assist other state agencies.
– Four Guardsmen to help the Department of Health Warehouse operations.
– Public information officer in Joint Information Center.