Fire on Sunday damages Minot apartment

A northwest Minot apartment complex suffered water damage Sunday on all three floors after a stove top fire in a third floor unit caused by overheated cooking grease, according to a press release from the city of Minot.

Firefighters responded but found the building’s sprinkler system extinguished the fire. No one was injured in the fire, which took place at 1250 27th Avenue NW at 6:56 p.m. A number of residents were home at the time of the fire, but everyone got out of the building safely.

According to the press release, multiple apartments on all three floors of the building suffered water damage from the sprinkler system. Damage to the building from the fire was minor.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)