Results of several open class exhibit events announced
Results of the judging of several open class static exhibit events at the State Fair have been announced.
Best of Division winners are as follows:
– Clothing, Children (Sewn): Karen Stuck, Minot.
– Junior Department: Sarah Bruschwein, Bismarck.
– Home Accessories: Gladys Garrison, Minot (wool item).
Plants & Flowers
– 1st Show Perennials/Biennials: Allen Dockter, Sawyer (Bells of Ireland).
– Color Prints: Tim Zeltinger (photojournalism).
– Black & White Sepia Prints: Tanner Thompson of Ray (scenics).
– Junior Photography: Megan Meier, Bismarck (scenics); and Samantha Schaper, Halliday (miscellaneous).
Fine Arts & Crafts
– Original Work-Adult: Sharon Inman, Berthold (paintings North Dakota).
– Original Work-Adult: Marcia Sickler, Gladstone (textiles).
– Amateur Class-Adult: Marcia Sickler, Gladstone (paintings-traditional).
– Woodworks-Adult: Leo Schafer, Minot.
– Crafts-Adult: Jessica Henne, Max (wall hangings).
– Collectible Dolls/Doll-related: Ginny Bakke, Minot (antique-pre-1940).
– Junior Crafts: Chesney Thomsen, Valley City (centerpiece).
– Child’s Art: Zayne Hutzenbeier, Belfield (drawings, lead/graphite/ink).
– Child’s Crafts: Samantha Schaper, Halliday (recycled or original crafts).
– Senior Citizen Arts & Crafts: Allan Mosbaek, Devils Lake (wood crafts).
– Barn Quilts: Joan Youngerman, Cando (barn quilt on canvas).
Ag Products – First Show
– Grain & Forage Bundles: Jackson Brossart, Rugby (corn forage).
– 1st Show Vegetables: Mark Westlie, Minot (celery).
– 1st Show Fruits: Carol Rubbelke, Minot (apples).
– Fried/Ethnic: Christi Pond, Berthold
A list of all open class exhibits judged, to date, can be found at the North Dakota State Fair website at