Conservation Reserve Program sign up

The U.S. Department of Agriculture is accepting applications for its voluntary Conservation Reserve Program. Private landowners can sign up at their local USDA Farm Service Agency office through Feb. 12.

The USDA program provides options for environmentally sensitive land by reducing soil erosion and improving water quality, but it also provides significant benefits to wildlife populations through the habitat it creates. The habitat created by CRP makes it a great fit for the Game and Fish Department’s Private Land Open To Sportsmen program.

“Game and Fish has partnered with the USDA Farm Service Agency to help producers learn more about CRP and options available to them,” said North Dakota Game and Fish private land section supervisor Kevin Kading.

Landowners are encouraged to visit https://gf.nd.gov/landowner/2021-crp-contact-request to answer a few questions that will direct them to their local FSA county office for more detailed information and to apply for CRP. Landowners can also request to be contacted by a Game and Fish private land biologist to learn more about additional incentives and cost-share for allowing walk-in hunting access to their CRP through PLOTS.


Today's breaking news and more in your inbox

I'm interested in (please check all that apply)


Starting at $4.75/week.

Subscribe Today