Cause of Fargo senior living facility fire ruled accidental

FARGO (AP) — Fire officials in Fargo have ruled accidental a fire that forced the evacuation of residents in 24 apartments at a senior living facility last week.
Fire Marshal Ryan Erickson said Thursday natural gas leaking from near the gas meter entered the Riverview Apartment Complex and was ignited in a nearby mechanical room.
The fire broke out shortly after 6 p.m. Friday. No residents or firefighters were hurt. An employee who tried to put out the blaze was taken to a hospital as a precaution.
The gas had to be shut off before the fire could be extinguished.