Chamber’s Ambassadors celebrate new businesses & milestones
When there’s a new business in town or one having a milestone the Ambassadors of the Minot Area Chamber of Commerce are available to honor them.
The ambassadors, wearing their recognizable “red coats” participate in other significant events at businesses or organization along with events such as Business After Hours and the Showcase of Business. They also make routine visits to Chamber members.
Limited to 70 members, the Ambassadors Committee meets once a month.
Carla Dolan, Chamber program director, said the 70 ambassadors are comprised of 14 teams of five people. Each team does 40 visits a year.
Lowell Latimer of Minot is one of the longest serving ambassadors, Dolan said.
She said about 20 people are on a waiting list to become ambassadors.
Ribbon cuttings and ground breakings the Ambassadors Committee teams have participated in so far this year include:
– Sone Spa, opening, 700 Western Avenue S. Owner Danerys Sarinas.
– Broadway Liquor, opening, 1030 North Broadway.
– Air Supported Dome, opening, Minot State University.
– Artistic Ambiance, 10-year anniversary, 417 Burdick Expressway E. Owner Tammy Holen.
– Moore Engineering, new location, 2080 36th Avenue SW, Suite 215. Employee owned.
– The Pursuit, new location, 515 20th Avenue SE, Suite 1.
– Vallely Sport & Marine, ground breaking, 2125 Elk Drive. Owners Tim Vallely and Josh Vallely.
– Souris River Joint Board/Mouse River Enhanced Flood Protection Project in Minot, ground breaking.
– KW Inspire Realty, opening, 12 S. Main Street. Jeff Shipley, owner.
2017 ribbon cuttings include:
– Village Inn, opening, 3816 S. Broadway, Operated by Hospitality Management & Integration.
– Sport Clips, opening, 3112 16th Street SW. Mitch Kost, owner.
– Artspace Suite 1 Gallery, opening, #3 S. Main, Suite 1.
– Make a Scene Kids’ Theatre, new home, 110-1st Street SE.
– Miranda Schuler Agency-Farmers Insurance, change of ownership, 811 S. Broadway, Suite B.
– Sunrise City taxes of North Dakota, LLC, opening, 1310 Burdick Expressway E., Suite 8, Emmanual Many Ribs and Sheila Many Ribs, owners.
– MBS Studio, renovation, 816 20th Avenue SW. Shannon Berens, owner.
– Home & Garden Show, 2017 opening. Minot Association of Builders.
– Starbucks Coffee, new location, 1340 S. Broadway.
– Elite Real Estate, new location and addition of commercial division, 1829 S. Broadway, Suite 1. Curt Guss, Cindy Harvey, Cheryl Croonquist and Carl Lade, owners.
– The Club Outlet, opening, 1901 S. Broadway. Owners Jacob Feil and Jay Lundeen.
– The Spot, opening, 6 2nd Street NE. Sherry McGlaughlin, owner.
– Ryan Nissan, opening, 3915 S. Broadway, Kathy and Mike Gaddie, owners.
– Northern Plains Hospitality Inn (formerly Comfort Inn), 1515-22nd Avenue SW. Owners Northern Plains Hospitality.
– Volz Vintage Garden, new store, 1107 N. Broadway. Owner Judy Volz.
– Ward County Parks-No Man’s Land Disc golf, opening, 8850 North Project Road, Burlington.
– Adopt-a-Lot Program, opening. Sponsoring agencies: City of Minot, Minot Young Professionals, Minot Park District, Resilience AmeriCorps VISTA.
– Roosevelt Park Zoo, goat bridge exhibit opening, 1219 Burdick Expressway E.
– Marco’s Pizza, opening, 1250 4th Avenue NW. Chris Lindbo, Nathan Heinert, Dr. Darrell Williams and Jeremy Feller, owners.
– Capital Financial Services, Inc., new office building, 1821 Burdick Expressway W.
– Graham Construction, new building and 10th anniversary in Minot, 917 20th Avenue SE.
– North Dakota State Fair, opening.
– NextHome Legendary Properties, reopening newly remodeled building, 400-4th Street. SE.
– Hazard Mitigation Grant Program, conclusion of two-year construction project, Minot Water Treatment Plant.
– Tires Only, Inc., new facility, 8201 4th Avenue NE.
– Norsk Hostfest 40th anniversary.
– New Nedrose High School, 5705 15th Avenue SE.
– Law office of Diane Lautt, PLLC, 111 11th Avenue SW, Suite 4.
– Accounting Solutions, expansion and exterior facelift, 1419 2nd Avenue SW.
– Dr. Jaime Haaland, Optician, new location, 932 37th Avenue SW.
– Edward Jones Financial Advisor-Darin Scherr, new location, 920 37th Avenue SW.
– Trinity Health First Care Walk-In Clinic, opening, Medical Arts, 400 Burdick Expressway E.
– Spectrum Fitness, opening, 1915 N. Broadway. Rachelle and Michael Sian, owners.
– Arny’s 2.0 Lounge & Bottle Shop, new ownership, 12 3rd Street SE, Melissa Francisco.
– Downtown Minot, completion of Downtown Minot infrastructure construction.
– Gymagic Gymnastics, new facility, 5645 18th Avenue SE. Talli Danielson, owner.
– Burdick Expressway, opening, project from 9th-15th Street SE.
– Caleb’s Clubhouse, opening, 1304 4th Avenue NW, Suite 105.
– Putt District, opening, 17 Main Street S., Suite A. Co-owners Eric Thoemke and Scott Gordon.
– Ward County Detention Center (jail), addition, 204 Front Street SE.
How to schedule a ribbon cutting
If you have a business that’s new to town or is having a milestone, such as a renovation or addition, contact Carla Dolan, Minot Area Chamber of Commerce program director, at 857-8205 to schedule a ribbon cutting.