Road construction continues in Minot this week.
Following are the projects under way:
- Detours remain in effect for the Sixth Street Underpass. Motorists should be aware that Maple Street is now open.
- Thirteenth Street South is closed between about 21st to 37th avenues southeast. Either the intersection of 31st Avenue or 37th Avenue with 13th Street will remain accessible through the duration of the project. The project is behind schedule and will go in to next year. Plans are in the works to, at minimum, place impervious surfaces in key locations such as intersections and driveways for the winter. Work on the project is anticipated to continue as long as weather allows.
- The southbound right lane of 16th Street Southwest is closed between 31st and 35th avenues for turn lane installations. Traffic control taper starts near 26th Avenue.
- Street closure exists on 24th Avenue Southwest to the east of 10th Street due to a sewer main project.
- Expect closures in the 30th Avenue Northwest area at around the 400 block.
- There will be closures and delays on 36th Avenue Northeast to the east of Broadway due to a paving project.
- A portion of 15th Street Southeast, between Burdick and Fifth Avenue, is closed to through traffic for disconnect of utilities to homes on the demolition list.
- First Avenue Southeast between First and Second streets is closed to through traffic for sewer tie-in.
- Work continues on the roads leading to the new Ramstad Middle School in anticipation of the opening later this month.
These are the major projects under control of the City of Minot. There remain several small pockets of construction throughout the city. In addition, the state county and private contractors may have other projects.