MEDORA The North Dakota Cowboy Hall of Fame has announced this year's slate of inductees for the 2013 Hall of Fame.
This year's recipients are:
- Pre-1940 Ranching: Lettie Uhlman Kellogg, McKenzie County.
- Modern-era Ranching: Leroy "Bud" Perry, Mountrail County.
- Pre-1940 Rodeo: Henry G. "Hank" Baker, Fort Berthold Reservation and also McClusky.
- Modern-era Rodeo: Lynn Linseth, Killdeer, and Tom Solberg, of Grassy Butte.
- Western Arts and Entertainment: Bill Lowman, of Sentinel Butte.
- Great Westerner: Marquis de Mores, of Medora.
The board also selected Harold Schafer, founder of the Gold Seal Co., who invested money in the city of Medora and the Medora Musical, and Russ Danielson, Fargo, former N.D. Cowboy Hall of Fame board member, for the Legacy Award. The NDCHF board presents the award to individuals who donate their time, efforts, and leadership to the organization.
The nine inductees will be honored in Medora June 21-22. Activities will begin Friday night at the Honor the Honorees Banquet at the NDCHF Center of Western Heritage and Cultures in Medora at 5 p.m. MDT. Tickets for the reception, meal and entertainment are limited to 250 people and must be made before June 21 by calling the Corporate Office at 250-1833 or the Medora Center at 623-2000.
Activities continue Saturday, June 22, with the induction program at the Tjaden Terrace in Medora. Entertainment and social begin at noon MDT.