The Chester Award, an award named for Norsk Hstfest founder Chester Reiten, was presented to a number of Hstfest participants.
Chester awards were presented Thursday to:
- Food: Christ Lutheran Church in Minot for its potato klub. Carol Moen accepted the award.
Eloise Ogden/MDN • From the left, Julie and Don Karsky, Minnesota, receive a Chester Award Thursday night from Tim Mihalick in the Great Hall at Norsk Høstfest in Minot. The Karskys received a Chester for their exhibit.
- Exhibitor: Don and Julie Karsky, of Minnesota, for their weavings of Scandinavian flags and runners. The Karskys have been coming to Hstfest for 20 years.
- Artisan: Tryggvi Larum for his wood sculpture of a polar bear.
Chester Awards also were presented Friday to:
- Ken Clark, chairman of the year.
- Jim Goodman, volunteer of the year.