Sign In | Create an Account | Welcome, . My Account | Logout | Subscribe | Submit News | Customer Service | Contact Us | Routes Available | All Access E-Edition | Home RSS

Fire at the Guest Lodge

September 22, 2012
Minot Daily News
Andrea Johnson/MDN
The top floor of the Guest Lodge in northwest Minot was evacuated at 4 p.m. Friday due to an electrical short in the building’s attic, said Minot Fire Deptartment Capt. Brian Nelson. Nelson said fire fighters were called to the hotel after people in the hotel reported a burning smell. An electrician was already in the building looking for the short when they noticed something burning. Nelson said there were about 10 feet of melted wires in the attic and some charred wood. The building had minor smoke damage, said Nelson. People were able to return to their rooms later in the afternoon. This was a relief for hotel guests, some of whom worried they might not be able to find another place in town to stay so close to the Norsk Hostfest. Hotel guests Janice C. Looney and her fiance James Anderson, both from Idaho, said they have been staying at the Guest Lodge for a month and a half and weren’t sure where they would go if they were forced to find another hotel room.


I am looking for:
News, Blogs & Events Web