A four-plex apartment was damaged by a cooking fire Thursday evening, according to the Minot Fire Department.
Fire fighters were called to the apartment in the 1300 block of 14th Ave. NW at about 7:10 p.m. The fire started on a stove and scorched kitchen cabinets and the refrigerator, but was put out by the apartment residents with a fire extinguisher before the fire department arrived. Fire fighters ventilated the building and residents of the four-plex were evacuated. No one was injured.
The resident of the apartment is Dylan Johnson.