Web sites or locations for flood-related issues:
- Flood Hotline for Minot and Ward County (8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.): 858-9366.
- Minot Air Force Base Emergency Family Assistance Center (emergency shelter, information, referral & support, donations): 723-4500.
- Pet shelter at North Central Research Extension Center, one mile south of Minot at 5400 Highway 83 S. Service provided by the Souris Valley Animal Shelter The shelter at the extension center is open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. People do not need to call ahead to drop off pets at the extension center. However, for specific questions call 720-7203 or 240-8794.
- Pet boarding at Sterling Kennels, Minot. Call ahead at 852-6379.
- Mid-Dakota Chapter of American Red Cross in Minot: 852-2828. (Minot office has relocated to Room 202 in the Minot Municipal Auditorium.
- Salvation Army, 315 Western Ave., Minot: 838-18925.
- City of Minot Web site: (www.minotnd.org).
- Ward County Web site: (www.co.ward.nd.us).
- Burlington flood update website (www.burlingtonflood.com).
- Flood information esources Web site (www.ag.ndsu.edu/flood).
Flood bariers being constructed on Bypass
The North Dakota Department of Transportation started constructing flood barriers on the U.S. Highway 83 Bypass between U.S. Highway 2 and the Souris River Thursday. The project is expected to continue today. Traffic will be reduced to one lane while the flood protection barriers are put into place by heavy equipment.
The North Dakota Highway Patrol will direct traffic at the work site. N.D. Highway Patrol Capt. Gary Orluck said, "The public is asked to avoid any non-essential travel through the area if possible because there will be delays. The Highway Patrol thanks the public for their cooperation during this time."
Minot Public Library closed until further notice
The Minot Public Library will be closed until further notice. There will be no fines on materials at least until July 15.
Customers who have materials checked out are asked to hold on to their materials or return them to one of the two temporary deposit locations beginning today. The temporary deposit locations are at Marketplace Foods South Broadway location, 1620 S. Broadway, which is open 24 hours a day, and Bishop Ryan High School office, 316-11th Ave. NW, which is open Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., and Friday from 8 a.m. to noon.
Minot's north bus route discontined
Minot City Transit has now discontinued the north bus route because of flooding issues.
Minot State campus to be closed through Friday
The Minot State University campus will be closed through Friday and classes are canceled through Friday. Students and others living on campus should be safe remaining in place. Services will be available to the extent possible. In the event of a breach in the campus dike, personnel will be evacuated to the Minot State University Dome.
For questions, call the emergency hotline at 858-4000 from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
North Central Human Services accepting calls
People having difficulties due to the flooding and subsequent evacuations or dealing with other concerns can call the North Central Human Service Center's crisis mental health line, which is answered 24 hours a day. The local number is 857-8500 and 1-800-470-6968. Counseling is also available on site at 1015 S. Broadway, Suite 18, in Town and Country Mall in Minot from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.