Help available for senior renters

Lloyd Kvam


Application For Senior Citizen Or Permanently And Totally Disabled Renter’s Property Tax Refund can be obtained from the State Tax Commissioner. It must be postmarked by May 31, 2018. Write to the Office of State Tax Commissioner 600 E. Boulevard Ave., Dept. 127 Bismarck, ND 58505-0599.

Your landlord might be able to get the forms for you. However, they are not responsible to even tell you about the forms. The maximum refund, I believe, is $400. That might be one month’s rent for some of us.

High medical expenses can insure you a refund, especially if you are just living on Social Security. The form is easy to fill out. You don’t even have to be paying taxes to benefit from filling out this form. Be sure to sign and date it. Also, make a copy for yourself.