P.E.O. Chapter celebrates 70 years of encouragement and support
Members of P.E.O. Chapter AG in Minot celebrated the chapter’s 70th anniversary in May with a party arranged by the chapter Social Committee. Chapter AG was organized on March 20, 1948.
Since no party is complete without gifts, sisters brought food items to be shared with the Lord’s Cupboard Food Pantry and household goods for the Domestic Violence Crisis Center.
The P.E.O. International Sisterhood, founded January 21, 1869 by seven students at Iowa Wesleyan College, Mount Pleasant, Iowa, exists to be a source of encouragement and support for women to realize their potential in whatever worthwhile endeavor they choose. True to the mission of promoting educational opportunities for women, education continues to be the primary philanthropy of the P.E.O. Sisterhood through the proud sponsorship of six international philanthropies designed to assist women with their educational goals.