Cowboy, cowgirl flair
ND Cowboy Hall of Fame style show “packs a punch”
Cowboys and cowgirls from young children to adults “strutted their stuff” at the first ever Western Flair Style Show held Feb. 16 during the North Dakota Cowboy Hall of Fame’s annual meeting.
The annual meeting was held Feb. 16-17 at the Sleep Inn in Minot. It was the first NDCHF annual meeting has ever been held in Minot.
People packed into the Sleep Inn Conference Center to watch more than 30 models representing several Minot businesses and a business in Mandan.
Amy Behm, owner of 52 West Trading Co. in Minot and emcee for the style show, said some of the popular items in western wear are trouser jeans, a throwback to the 1970s, serape patterns, big floral prints and again this year animal prints.
Stores in the style show, all of Minot except one in Mandan, and the models include as follows:
– 52 West: Ashley Miller, Maddy Kostenko, Kella Brekke, Piper Sorenson, Kylie Hildre, Hallie Ulberg, Missy and Emma Erickson and Abbie Jarmin.
– Dallas Lee Boutique of Mandan: owner LoRetta Heninger, Bristol Heninger, Parker Heninger and Shiloh Schmid.
– Bray’s Saddlery: Tisa Peek, Blu Miller, Holden Meyer, Medora Myers, Gail Yuly, Bryce Leonard, Kiara Johnson, Tucker Goodman, Ashley Liebert and Cody Tofteland.
– Oliver’s Attic: Kayley Lauf and Kaitlyn Vogel.
– Boot Barn: Faith Seykora, Kelsey Godejohn, Maysa Hanna, Lohgan Hanna, Kayla Fiske, Brook Melton and Mandi Zavalney.
Guynell Meyer of Berthold and Rugby, Connie Sundby of Minot and Behm coordinated the style show.
Other events held that evening included speakers telling cowboy stories, an ice cream social and music by Jeremiah James. Saturday’s activities included testimonials for the NDCHF 2018 nominees and a banquet with guest speaker Deb Greenough, 1993 world champion bareback rider from Billings, Mont., and an auction with auctioneer John Bearman.
Rick Thompson, NDCHF executive director, said about 250 people viewed the style show. Approximately that same number attended the banquet and auction Saturday night.